Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fitness Update

An update on my fitness progress. Since I started this get fit mentality a few weeks ago (somewhere between 3 and 4 weeks ago) I have lost a combined grand total of 7 lbs. This makes me happier than a pig in shit because it shows that everything I am doing is actually working. I have had people come up to me and say that they can see a difference in how I look. My routine isn't all that complex either. I try to run at least one mile and then walk one mile every other day. Daily I do around 100 sit ups on my fitness ball (everyone should get one it rules), 25 push ups using push up stands (which hurt like hell!), and side bends with 25 pound weight to help get rid of love handles. I have been thinking of adding more exercises to the routine as well as upping the current ones. Eating right is also doing its share. I really am amazed at how well I am sticking to this new mentality and how it is actually paying off!

I am getting closer and closer to my goal of 165lbs and a flatter stomach. I even noticed that my biceps are starting to come in better, and even doing random things throughout the day I can see the definition lines in my arms. When I do eat garbage food it actually makes me physically sick to my stomach and I can feel it moving around in there. This is a wonderful deterrent because most of my life junk food was a huge staple. I haven't even been drinking too much since my self imposed rule of no booze on weekdays. Half the time on the weekend when I allow myself some hooch I drink very little or not at all. This is a huge step for someone who was looking for any occasion to drink during the week and get wasted whenever. Sometime in the future I will post some pics of my progress for those who wish to see. (i.e. me in a few months to see where I came from)

If anyone has any helpful pointers or tips on fitness, weight loss, or healthy eating please share them with me I am always eager to learn what more I can do to make myself better.

No comments:

Post a Comment